How can I qualify to the CrossFit German Throwdown 2020?
There are a total of three ways to compete at the CrossFit German Throwdown as an athlete:
- Online Qualification
- Placing at the Geman Throwdown Classic 2019
- Placing at the CrossFit Games 2019 or CrossFit Open 2020
In this article we will explain each way in detail.
The online qualification is going to be in January 2020. It will go for 2 weeks with approxamitely 2 workouts per week. You will have 10 days to submit each workout.
The team score will be the sum of the individual results of each team member.
- Schedule: 10.01.2020 to 27.01.2020
- Elite Female & Elite Male: 30
- Elite Team: 20
- 1. Week Workouts:
- Release: 10.01.2020 at 12 noon (Berlin time)
- Deadline: 20.01.2020 at 6 pm (Berlin time)
- 2. Week Workouts:
- Release: 17.01.2020 at 12 noon (Berlin time)
- Deadline: 27.01.2020 at 6 pm (Berlin time)
- Registration starts: 11.11.2019 at 12 noon (Berlin time)
- Ealry Bird registration ends: 02.01.2020 at 11.59 pm (Berlin time)
- Regular registration ends: 16.01.2020 at 11.59 pm (Berlin time)
Placing at the German Throwdown Classic 2019
The Top 2 placements in general and the Top 2 placements of the Germans from each of the Elite Female, Elite Male and Elite Team division will be directly invited to the CrossFit German Throwdown.
We explained this way very detailed in this article.
Placing at the CrossFit Games 2019 or CrossFit Open 2020
Athletes that competed at these competitions and reached a high placement will have the chance to apply to directly sign-up for final event of the CrossFit German Throwdown.
There will be 4 designated spots per division for these athletes.
Who’s allowed to apply??
- Top 40 CrossFit Games 2019
- Top 50 CrossFit Open 2020
In the case that more than 4 athletes per division apply for these direct spots, then the finish at these competitions will determine who gets these spots. A finish at the Games will be ranked higher than a finish at the Open.
Athletes that placed 40th at the Games will receive a spot before the first of the Open will.
The application deadline is the 09.01.2020
Stay up to date: